DevOpsChat Special Guest: Tuuli Bell
We are really pleased that Tuuli Bell is joining us for this #DevOpsChat about the relationship between traditional Service Management approaches (such at ITIL) and DevOps. You can see the questions for this DevOpsChat at the bottom of this page.
Tuuli is a Partner Account Manager, EMEA at Tasktop. She is a member of the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, and the Institute of Physics. For her, happiness is about discovering opportunities to challenge the status quo and about embracing change, be that organizational change, or professional or personal development. Tuuli’s interests outside work include art, science, and nature.
In this video interview Tuuli Bell compares and contrasts traditional service management (e.g. ITIL) with DevOps, including:
- The typical differences between DevOps and traditional service management
- The common goals that they share
- The typical differences in language
- How the two may evolve in the future
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- What do you think are the main differences between Traditional Service Management (e.g. ITIL) and DevOps?
- What do you think traditional Service Management and DevOps have in common?
- What do you think DevOps folks can learn from traditional service management approaches?
- What aspects of DevOps do you think are particularly relevant to Service Management?
- What differences do you see in terms of the language and terminology of DevOps vs. ITIL?
- How do you think the relationship between traditional Service Management and DevOps will evolve in the future?