DevOpsChat Special Guest: Neil Connett
We are really pleased that Neil Connett is joining us for this DevOpsChat ahead of his participation in a panel discussion at Cloud and DevOps world on 15th June. You can see the questions for this DevOpsChat at the bottom of this page.
Neil is motivated by “introducing beneficial change” and is currently driving the DevOps transformation at a major engineering firm based in the East Midlands. Neil has a strong technical background, starting out as a developer in 2007. Following this he worked in a number of senior development roles and as a Problem Manager before, more recently, taking responsibility for Platform Operations.
A conversation with Neil Connett about the importance of fully involving Ops with a DevOps transformation, including the following topics:
- Why Ops are not always involved in a DevOps transformation from the outset
- The benefits of involving Ops in the transformation from the outset
- How DevOps fits with ITIL
- The importance of strong business sponsorship for DevOps adoption
- The importance of changing organisational culture
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- What do you see as the benefits of involving Ops early on in a DevOps transformation?
- What do you think are the best ways to engage people from all disciplines in a DevOps transformation?
- Do you think ITIL is compatible with the DevOps approach?
- What challenges do you think there can be with adopting DevOps where ITIL is already in place?
- What do you think needs to be in place at the outset for a successful DevOps transformation?
- How do you think organisational culture may need to change to support DevOps?