DevOpsChat Special Guest: Louise Paling
We are thrilled that Louise Paling will be joining us for this DevOpsChat to discuss Automation and how it can be used to drive a DevOps transformation. You can see the questions for this DevOpsChat at the bottom of this page.
Louise is an experienced delivery manager with a strong technical background who has successfully implemented transformations from waterfall software development to Agile/DevOps. Louise is passionate about automation and ow it can be used to drive the transformation as it stimlates conversations, collaboration , as well as boosting quality and enabling more frequent delivery of working software to customers.
In this video Louise shared with us her views about Automation and how it can enable a DevOps transformation, covering a range of topics including:
- Where to start with automation
- Theory of Constraints and bottlenecks
- Benefits of automation
- Possible hurdles/blockers to implementing automation and how to overcome them
- Using automation as a starting point for a DevOps transformation
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Do you think automation is an important part of DevOps and, if so, why?
- What do you think are the benefits of automation?
- How do you decide where to start with automation?
- Should you try to automate everything or are there reasons to perform some tasks manually?
- In your experience, what barriers can there be to automating activities that are currently manual?
- What do you think will be the “next big thing” in applying automation to software development, deployment and operation?