DevOpsChat Special Guest: Larry Maccherone
We are delighted that Larry Maccherone will be joining us for this DevOpsChat to discuss DevSecOps.
Larry has a background in big data, statistical analysis and cyber security and is a keen evangelist of of Agile and DevOps. More recently his focus has been on how security can become an integral part of software development, deployment and operation rather than a “bolt-on”. This has led to the coining of the term DevSecOps and his recent blog post about The DevSecOps Manifesto. You can see the questions for this chat at the bottom of this page.
In this video Larry shared with us his views about DevSecOps, including:
- How DevOps can enable teams to build products that are more secure
- How to integrate security as a core part of a DevOps approach
- Advice for where to get started with DevSecOps
You can also download this interview as a podcast.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- What steps do you take/how do you address security concerns and at what stage do you do it?
- Where security practices have been successfully adopted in your org, what have been the key factors to that success?
- What are the key drivers within your organisation to raising the importance of security in software development?
- Do you use tools and, if so, which ones do you use to attempt to address security issues?
- What reaction would you expect from Dev/Ops/DevOps teams asked to build in security rather than adjust for it at the end?
- What level of adoption of DevSecOps would you expect to see across industry within the next 5 years?