DevOpsChat Special Guest: Miska Kaipiainen
We are delighted that Miska Kaipiainen will be joining us for this DevOpsChat to discuss the emergence of containerisation and how it can support DevOps. You can find the questions for this chat at the bottom of this page.
Miska is the founder and CEO of Kontena, Inc. which is the creator of the developer friendly Kontena open source container platform for orchestrating applications that are run inside Docker containers. Prior to this he has worked within a leading enterprise IT servicescompany as well as founding a number of other bleeding edge tech startups.
Miska will be joining one of the panel discussions during the upcoming Container World conference in Santa Clara, California on the 21st – 23rd February 2017.
In this video Miska Kaipiainen shared with us his views on containerisation, including what the current level of adoption is, what the challenges are for enterprises looking to use containers, tips for getting started and predictions for how containerisation is set to evolve in the future.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- What is the simplest way to explain containerisation to someone non-technical?
- What do you think is the biggest benefit that containerisation offers?
- Containerisation has recently become a hot trend, how many orgs do you think are already using it for production systems?
- What challenges can make it difficult for organisations to start using containers?
- What tips would you give to people and organisations for getting started with containerisation?
- What do you think will be the next big thing in containerisation?