Enterprise DevOps: Whitepaper from the Atos Scientific Community
We are delighted that for this DevOpsChat we will be joined by four of the co-authors of the latest whitepaper published by the Atos Scientific Community: “Enterprise DevOps: Building a Service Oriented Organisation“. We are looking forward to a great discussion about what is meant by “Enterprise DevOps”, what particular challenges it raises and the strategies that businesses can use to scale DevOps across their organisation. You can see the questions we will be discussing at the bottom of this page.
Jean-Marc Cadudal is a Cloud Solution Architect currently working on the design and development of an enterprise cloud integration platform. He has over 30 years of experience in the IT industry, in Software Product Development and large Systems Integration projects. He has been a member of the Atos Scientific Community since 2014.
David Daly is the Global Deal Assurance Manager at Worldline. He regularly blogs and speaks on DevOps topics and hosts #DevOpsChat. He has been a member of the Atos Scientific Community since 2015.
Simon Oberthür is the R&D Manager Mobile & Cloud Systems, Software Innovation Campus Paderborn (SICP) at Paderborn University. The SICP is a cooperation between ten leading-edge technology companies, the Paderborn University and the Fraunhofer IEM.
Dick van der Sar has more than 20 years of experience in application development, application management and different management roles. Over the last 10 years he has focused on Agile Development and in the last two years he has extended this to Agility in application management and operations as well: DevOps. Dick is also a speaker in a regular webinar series on several DevOps related topics.
In this video 4 of the co-authors shared with us there thoughts on Enterprise DevOps, including:
- What is meant by enterprise DevOps
- Some of the specific challenges of implementing DevOps at scale
- The relationship of DevOps to Bi-Modal and 2-Speed IT
- How widely DevOps can be applied
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Q1: What do you think people mean when they talk about Enterprise DevOps?
- Q2: Should enterprises care about DevOps and, if they should, why?
- Q3: What challenges do you think enterprises experience when trying to adopt DevOps?
- Q4: Who within an organisation will be affected by a transformation towards DevOps?
- Q5: How quickly do you think an enterprise can move towards DevOps and how soon will they see benefits?
- Q6: If an enterprise wants to adopt DevOps, what should be their first step?