DevOpsChat Special Guest: Daniël van Gils
Daniël van Gils will be joining us for this DevOpsChat to talk about Cloud and Containerisation and the relationship they have with DevOps. You can see the questions we will be discussing at the bottom of this page.
Daniel is a developer advocate at Cloud 66. He helps other developers craft web applications and container based microservice architectures to deploy on any server or public cloud. He is an accomplished creative technologist with a vast and varied experience in application development, agile workflows, lecturing and building container technologies at scale.
In this video Daniël van Gils shared with us his views on how a microservice architecture is supported by cloud and containerisation technologies, and how this enables teams to choose the most appropriate stack/language for each component of their application. He also discusses how containers can ensure that you are not dependent on any particular infrastructure provider as well as providing tips for how to get started with containerisation on your team.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Q1: Many see a link between DevOps and Cloud. What do you see as the most significant way that Cloud supports a DevOps approach?
- Q2: What kind of Cloud services do you use at the moment and what do you see as the benefits?
- Q3: In your experience, what is the biggest barrier to adopting Cloud? Do you have any advice for overcoming it?
- Q4: Have you heard of containerisation (e.g. Docker)? Do you use containerisation at the moment?
- Q5: What do you see as the biggest benefit of using containers like Docker?
- Q6: Many see containerisation as an enabler for a microservice architecture – why is this important for DevOps?