DevOpsChat Special Guest: Liz Keogh
For this DevOpsChat about Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) we are delighted to have Liz Keogh joining us to discuss how the Cynefin framework and Real Options have influenced her view of BDD and DevOps. You can see the questions for this DevOpsChat further down this page.
Liz is an expert in Agile and Lean approaches to software development with over 15 years of industry experience. Liz is a well-known blogger (at https://lizkeogh.com/) and international speaker with a technical background.
Liz is one of the original developers of JBehave, a precursor to Cucumber and the first tool to allow business and development teams to capture their conversations in the form of automated tests. As well as traditional methodologies like Scrum, Kanban and XP, Liz also brings unusual and effective strategies like Behaviour Driven Development, Real Options, Deliberate Discovery and Complexity Thinking, which help teams to find and address risks early on in the project while keeping options open for later.
In this video Liz shared with us her views about the Cynefin framework, Real Options and Kanban relate to BDD and DevOps as well as providing some tips for getting started witth BDD.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Q1: What challenges have you seen or experienced with defining software requirements?
- Q2: How would you describe Behaviour Driven Development to someone who has never heard of it?
- Q3: With DevOps and Agile sometimes requirements are not fixed. Does BDD still make sense and, if so, why?
- Q4: Have you heard of Cynefin and, if so, how do you think it can influence your approach to software development?
- Q5: Have you heard of Real Options and, if so, do you think it is relevant to software development and, specifically, DevOps?
- Q6: If someone wants to get started with Behaviour Driven Development what would you recommend as the first step?