DevOpsChat Special Guest: Jose Casal
Jose Casal joins us for a DevOpsChat about team motivation and how we can go beyond traditional performance management to increase team engagement, a topic that he will be speaking about the very next day at Agile Tour London! You can see the questions we will be discussing at the bottom of this page.
Jose has significant experience of delivering Lean and Agile coaching/training to large private and public sector organisations such as The Scottish Government, Credit Suisse, Capita, Student Loans Company, NHS Choices, The University of Kent and P&O Ferries.
He is the Chair of the BCS Agile Methods Specialist Group and the chair of the London Lean Kanban Day and Playcamp UK conferences. He was also the lead creator of the BCS Agile Foundation Certificate, including the official syllabus, exam questions and associated training materials.
In this video Jose discusses why the motivation of a team matters and provides advice and tips for increasing the motivation of a team.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Q1: When have you personally felt the most motivated and what was the reason?
- Q2: When you feel motivated, what is the impact on your work?
- Q3: What factors do you think affect how motivated people are in their work?
- Q4: What is the impact of adopting DevOps on team motivation levels?
- Q5: What advice would you give to people who do not feel very motivated in their job?
- Q6: What can companies do in order to motivate people better?